Sr. Backend Engineer (Java)
As a Sr. Backend Engineer, you’re a highly analytical individual with great problem-solving skills and solid experience in building complex systems. You will be the reason thousands of people will go to work across the world every day using the wonderful piece of technology that you built! 🎩
This job is for you if you are keen to see how to build a product and scale it from the ground up. You'd be working among your talented peers in a squad that gives you the exposure to communicate between the team and design solutions that stick with our users and scale across our regions.
Our Tech Stack:
Java, ReactJs, Native iOS & Android on KMP, MariaDB, AWS, Kubernetes
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and architect the technical aspects of our products and ensure alignment with business goals.
- Lead the technical squad and ensure delivery on time while maintaining the product’s quality
- Write clean code and automated test coverage (Unit, integration, E2E, and functional tests)
- Code review and ensure code compliance with design patterns and the organization’s coding standard.
- Collaborate with the product and business team in the discovery phase to recommend the best technical solutions
- Communicate requirements and business expectations between the product and technical team
- Conduct research and proof of concept to discover and implement new technologies and solutions that would yield a competitive advantage.
- Ensure adherence to security standards.
- Improve the quality and performance of the existing solution.
- Provide mentorship for junior engineers
- Represent the company in conferences, tech talks, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Salary and Stock Option
- Hybrid work model (office/home)
- Access to learning platforms
- Medical Insurance
- 6+ years of working experience in backend development
- Proficiency in Java 8+ and server-side technologies (must love coding!), multi-module based development
- Experience in OOP ( object-oriented programming ), Data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast-changing requirements & think abstractly
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, API-based and event-based communication.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture, and Algorithms.
- Experience in building applications based on micro-services
- Experience in CI/CD, AWS and KAFKA
- Experience in relational & NoSQL databases
Sabbar is an on-demand staffing platform that specializes in the gig and temp jobs in the retail, entertainment, and service industry in MENA. Our platform enables businesses to temp casual staff. We handle their end-to-end operations, the trick is we’re able to scale through technology!
You’ll start your skyrocketing growth journey with Sabbar, a fast-paced environment that welcomes people who are fun, have ownership, are passionate, and most importantly… Foodies 🍕. We embrace a culture of experimenting and trying new things. And through this roller-coaster of hustling, we make sure to enjoy and have a good laugh over a game night, movie day, or even with a simple peanut butter sandwich breakfast.