Sr. Backend Engineer (NodeJS)
As a Sr. Backend Engineer, you’re an analytical problem solver, with solid experience and knowledge in Nodejs. You’ll be working with a passionate and energetic team who are disrupting the gig economy in the MENA region. You would be working in a cross-functional team to design and develop our platforms. You will be the reason thousands of people will go to work across the world every day using the wonderful piece of technology that you built! 🎩
Backend: NodeJS / NestJS, TypeScript, Microservices, Event-Driven Design, Nest Framework, MongoDB, MySQL, AWS, AWS SQS, and Kubernetes
Mobile Apps: Flutter
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and architect the technical aspects of our products and ensure alignment with business goals.
- Write clean code and automated test coverage (Unit, integration, E2E, and functional tests)
- Code review and ensure code compliance with design patterns and the organization’s coding standard.
- Collaborate with the product and business team in the discovery phase to recommend the best technical solutions
- Communicate requirements and business expectations between the product and technical team
- Conduct research and proof of concept to discover and implement new technologies and solutions that would yield a competitive advantage.
- Ensure adherence to security standards.
- Improve the quality and performance of the existing solution.
Benefits & Perks
- Salary and Stock Option
- Hybrid work model (office/home)
- Access to learning platforms
- Medical Insurance
- 5+ years of working experience in backend development with Nodejs. (Preferably have worked with NestJs)
- Solid and strong practical knowledge of document-oriented databases, specifically MongoDB.
- Comfortable designing distributed architectures, API-based and event-based communication.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture, and Algorithms.
- Solid understanding of how Event Loop works in Nodejs.
- A deep understanding of Domain-Driven Design’s concepts and philosophy is a plus.
Sabbar is an on-demand staffing platform that specializes in the gig and temp jobs in the retail, entertainment, and service industry in MENA. Our platform enables businesses to temp casual staff. We handle their end-to-end operations, the trick is we’re able to scale through technology!
You’ll start your skyrocketing growth journey with Sabbar, a fast-paced environment that welcomes people who are fun, have ownership, are passionate, and most importantly… Foodies 🍕. We embrace a culture of experimenting and trying new things. And through this roller-coaster of hustling, we make sure to enjoy and have a good laugh over a game night, movie day, or even with a simple peanut butter sandwich breakfast.